How do I view a stored procedure log in SQL Server
View the logs
- In SQL Server Management Studio, select Object Explorer.
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of SQL Server, and then expand that instance.
- Find and expand the Management section (assuming you have permissions to see it).
- Right-click SQL Server Logs, select View, and then choose SQL Server Log.
How do I find stored procedure execution history in SQL Server
To view the results you can use 2 methods:
- Right click on Server Audit object and click on "View Audit Log":
- Query the audit files directly to limit the number of columns/rows or to filter by the stored procedure name:
How do I debug a SQL stored procedure
To debug a function, open the procedure calling that function and insert a breakpoint for the function you want to debug. Then, start debugging. Step through the code using the F11 key or Step Into, or press CTRL+F5 to move directly to the breakpoint. Press F11 or click Step Into to get inside the stored function.
How do I create a dynamic SQL query
Dynamic SQL – Simple Examples
- @sql NVARCHAR(MAX),
- @id NVARCHAR(MAX);
- — run query using parameters(s)
- SET @id = N'2';
- SET @sql = N'SELECT id, customer_name FROM customer WHERE id = ' + @id;
- PRINT @sql;
- EXEC sp_executesql @sql;
How can I see who modified a stored procedure in SQL Server
Accessing the log file in SQL Server Profiler
- Open the desired log file with SQL Server Profiler.
- You can see the stored procedure name in the ObjectName column and the name of the user who modified the stored procedure name in the LoginName column.
How can show error message in stored procedure in SQL Server
Using RAISERROR to Call the Error Message
- Create the following procedure. CREATE PROCEDURE spDemo. AS BEGIN. SELECT TOP 10 * FROM AUTHORS. IF @@ROWCOUNT < 11.
- Execute the procedure. Exec spDemo. You will then get the following error message. "Server: Msg 50010, Level 12, State 1, Procedure spDemo, Line 5.
How set unique column in SQL Server
Set column as unique in SQL Server from the GUI:
Open SQL Server Management Studio. Right click your Table, click "Design". Right click the column you want to edit, a popup menu appears, click Indexes/Keys. Click the "Add" Button.
How do I get a list of Stored Procedures in SQL Server
Get list of Stored Procedure and Tables from Sql Server database
- For Tables: SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- For Stored Procedure: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = 'P' and category = 0.
- For Views: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = 'V' and category = 0.
How do I log a procedure in SQL
- Create a database that you can use to store central logging data.
- Create a table to log stored procedure activity.
- Create a procedure in each user database that logs to the central table.
- Gradually add a call to this logging procedure to the rest of your stored procedures.
How can I see the encrypted stored procedure in SQL Server
- Next, right click on the encrypted stored-procedure and select 'Show DDL script' to view the T-SQL of the stored-procedure in plain text.
- If you need to decrypt a number of stored-procedures or any other encrypted objects, I recommend using the Decryption Wizard.
How can we find table name in all Stored Procedures in SQL
Another method: Select b.name from sys. sql_modules A. inner join sys.
Please refer to the following code, you only need to replace tablename with the table name you want to search：
- SELECT obj.Name Storedprocedurename, sc.
- FROM syscomments sc.
- INNER JOIN sysobjects obj ON sc.Id = obj.ID.
How can check stored procedure status in SQL Server
How to view stored procedure in SQL Server Management Studio
- First, start SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the Database Engine.
- Next, go to Object Explorer, expand the database in which you have created a stored procedure, and then expand “Programmability” option.
How can check stored procedure performance in SQL Server
- To launch a profiler from SSMS go to Tools->"SQL Server Profiler"
- To "Display An Actual Execution Plan" go to Query->"Display An Actual Execution Plan"
What is query log
The general query log is a general record of what mysqld is doing. The server writes information to this log when clients connect or disconnect, and it logs each SQL statement received from clients.
How do I view SQL logs
View Log Files
- In Object Explorer, expand Management.
- Do either of the following: Right-click SQL Server Logs, point to View, and then click either SQL Server Log or SQL Server and Windows Log. Expand SQL Server Logs, right-click any log file, and then click View SQL Server Log. You can also double-click any log file.
What is a log file in database
In combination with database backups, they are used to recover the consistency of the database right up to the point in time when an error occurs. Some logs, called active or primary logs, contain transactions which have not been committed to the database. These logs are stored in the primary database log path.
What is a log database
Database logging is an important part of your highly available database solution design because database logs make it possible to recover from a failure, and they make it possible to synchronize primary and secondary databases. All databases have logs associated with them. These logs keep records of database changes.
What is the purpose of transaction log
A transaction log is used to record the fact that a transaction is set to occur as well as the information needed by the database server to recover the data back to a consistent state in event of a sever failure while it is writing information to disk.