What is the difference between an event and a message
The difference between events and messages is that events are used for intra-stack communication, whereas messages are used for inter-stack communication.
What are the types of event channels
- Queue manager events.
- Channel and bridge events.
- Performance events.
- Configuration events.
- Command events.
- Logger events.
- Local events.
How do you manage logs in microservices
Logging Microservices Checklist
- Log meaningful, structured data.
- Provide enough information in your logs.
- Use a correlation Id.
- Use centralized logging.
- Make sure that your logs can be queried.
- Use an automated alert system.
- Consider failures.
When a microservice publishes an event when something notable happens
In EDA each microservice publishes an event when something notable happens, i.e. Order Service would publish new event when order has been created or modified.
What is Saga pattern in microservices
The Saga design pattern is a way to manage data consistency across microservices in distributed transaction scenarios. A saga is a sequence of transactions that updates each service and publishes a message or event to trigger the next transaction step.
How do I manage logs in spring boot microservices
Spring Boot – Tracing Micro Service Logs
- Application-name = Name of the application.
- Traceid = each request and response traceid is same when calling same service or one service to another service.
- Spanid = Span Id is printed along with Trace Id.
- Zipkin-export = By default it is false.
What is log aggregation in microservices
Solution. Use a centralized logging service that aggregates logs from each service instance. The users can search and analyze the logs. They can configure alerts that are triggered when certain messages appear in the logs.
How would you implement centralized logging in microservices
In this post, we'll talk about how to solve some of those problems with microservice logging and unlock the benefits while minimizing the cost.
- Centralized Microservice Logging.
- Microservice Logging Tip #1: Correlate Between Services.
- Tip #2: Get Everything Into One Place.
- Tip #3: Monitor Your Logs.
How would you effectively manipulate logs from each microservices and have them centralized and indexed efficiently
Let me share a few best practices that have helped me when dealing with microservices.
- Correlate Requests With a Unique ID.
- Include a Unique ID in the Response.
- Send Logs to a Centralized Location.
- Structure Your Log Data.
- Add Context to Every Request.
- Write Logs to Local Storage.
What is event sink in microservices
Various components in an Event Streaming Platform will read or receive Events. An Event Sink is the generalization of these components, which can include Event Processing Applications, cloud services, databases, IoT sensors, mainframes, and more.
What is the use of zipkin in microservices
Zipkin is a distributed tracing system. It helps gather timing data needed to troubleshoot latency problems in microservice architectures. It manages both the collection and lookup of this data.
How does service discovery work in microservices
What is Service Discovery in Microservices? Microservices service discovery is a way for applications and microservices to locate each other on a network. Service discovery implementations within microservices architecture discovery includes both: a central server (or servers) that maintain a global view of addresses.
How do you break a monolith into a microservice
Read more about the AS-IS architecture.
- Step 1: Split the code.
- Step 2: Split the database.
- Step 3: Define a standalone Delivery Service.
- Step 4: Use the standalone Delivery Service.
- Step 5: Remove the delivery management functionality from the FTGO monolith.
What are the challenges of microservices
Challenges of Microservices Architecture
- Overcoming Design Complexity.
- Achieving Data Consistency.
- Need for Testing and Monitoring.
- Debugging Issues.
- Compromised Security.
- Increased Operational Complexity.
- Inter-Service Communication Breakdown.
- Requires Team Expertise.
What can be used to implement fault tolerance in microservices
The solution to this problem is to use a fallback in case of failure of a microservice. This aspect of a microservice is called fault tolerance. Fault tolerance can be achieved with the help of a circuit breaker.
What is the use of correlation ID in microservices
A correlation ID is a unique ID that is assigned to every transaction. So, when a transaction becomes distributed across multiple services, we can follow that transaction across different services using the logging information. The correlation ID is basically passed from service to service.
What is distributed log
A distributed system is composed of several applications calling each other to complete one operation. Each of these applications emits its own logs and often stores them in different locations. With distributed systems, logging is the easy part.
What is central logging
Centralized Log Management (CLM) is a type of logging solution system that consolidates all of your log data and pushes it to one central, accessible, and easy-to-use interface. Centralized logging is designed to make your life easier.