What is package in PL SQL and advantages
Advantages of PL/SQL Packages
Packages let you encapsulate logically related types, items, and subprograms in a named PL/SQL module. Each package is easy to understand, and the interfaces between packages are simple, clear, and well defined. This aids application development.
What is a package in PL SQL Mcq
1) PL/SQL packages are schema objects that group logically related PL/SQL types, variables and subprograms.
What is package and package body in Oracle
The CREATE PACKAGE BODY statement creates or replaces the body of a stored package, which is an encapsulated collection of related procedures, stored functions, and other program objects stored as a unit in the database. The package body defines these objects.
What are the components of a package
Packages consist of two main components: the package specification and the package body. The package specification is the public interface, comprising the elements that can be referenced outside of the package.
What is collection in Oracle with example
PL/SQL – Collections
|Collection Type||Number of Elements||Where Created|
|Associative array (or index-by table)||Unbounded||Only in PL/SQL block|
|Nested table||Unbounded||Either in PL/SQL block or at schema level|
|Variablesize array (Varray)||Bounded||Either in PL/SQL block or at schema level|
What is difference between package and procedure in Oracle
A package is a group of related procedures and functions, together with the cursors and variables they use, stored together in the database for continued use as a unit. Similar to standalone procedures and functions, packaged procedures and functions can be called explicitly by applications or users.
What is ref cursor in Oracle with example
A REF CURSOR is a PL/SQL data type whose value is the memory address of a query work area on the database. In essence, a REF CURSOR is a pointer or a handle to a result set on the database. REF CURSOR s are represented through the OracleRefCursor ODP.NET class.
How do I test a package in PL SQL Developer
Perform the following steps:
- Open SQL Developer.
- Right-click Connections and select New Connection.
- Enter the following and click Test:
- Your test was successful.
- Your connection was created successfully.
- Your table was created successfully.
- Now you want to create a procedure.
How do I run a package in SQL Developer
After couple of tries, I found an easy way to execute the stored procedure from sql developer itself.
- Under packages, select your desired package and right click on the package name (not on the stored procedure name).
- You will find option to run. Select that and supply the required arguments.
What is schema in SQL
What is Schema in SQL? In a SQL database, a schema is a list of logical structures of data. A database user owns the schema, which has the same name as the database manager. As of SQL Server 2005, a schema is an individual entity (container of objects) distinct from the user who constructs the object.
How do I create a package and package body in SQL Developer
Follow these steps to create Package in Oracle SQL developer.
- On the left side in the connections pane, click on the Schema and expand the node.
- Then from the list of object types, select the Packages node.
- Do the right click on it and from the shortcut menu select New Package option.
What is Dbms_metadata
About Oracle dbms_metadata
You can use the new utility package called dbms_metadata that will easily display DDL and stored procedures directly from the data dictionary. Using this powerful utility, you can punch individual objects or an entire Oracle schema. Best of all, it is easy to use.
What is trigger in PL SQL
A PL/SQL trigger is a named database object that encapsulates and defines a set of actions that are to be performed in response to an insert, update, or delete operation against a table. Triggers are created using the PL/SQL CREATE TRIGGER statement.
What is the use of package in Plsql
In PL/SQL, a package is a schema object that contains definitions for a group of related functionalities. A package includes variables, constants, cursors, exceptions, procedures, functions, and subprograms. It is compiled and stored in the Oracle Database. Typically, a package has a specification and a body.
What is package in PL SQL with an examples
Packages prevent cascading dependencies and unnecessary recompiling. For example, if you change the body of a package function, Oracle Database does not recompile other subprograms that invoke the function, because these subprograms depend only on the parameters and return value that are declared in the specification.
What are the benefits of using package in Oracle
Advantages of Packages
- Allows us to overload the queries.
- Improves the performance of the applications.
- Promotes code reusability.
- Gives us the freedom to build large applications quickly by reusing the already defined modules in the form of packages.
- Provides us with the power to declare variables, functions etc.
What are the benefits of packages in Java
Advantages of using Packages in Java
- Make easy searching or locating of classes and interfaces.
- Avoid naming conflicts.
- Implement data encapsulation (or data-hiding).
- Provide controlled access: The access specifiers protected and default have access control on package level.
What is difference between procedure and function
A function would return the returning value/control to the code or calling function. The procedures perform certain tasks in a particular order on the basis of the given inputs. A procedure, on the other hand, would return the control, but would not return any value to the calling function or the code.